Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Appc Studio monitors file changes under the project's directory tree. When any file has been added/removed/changed, it'll display "Building Workspace".
Appc Studio is also monitoring the project's "build" subdirectory as well, when it shouldn't. This means doing an app build will trigger the "Building Workspace" several several times in the middle of the build process. Studio should be modified to not monitor the "build" subdirectory.
Steps to reproduce:
- Build and run a project in Studio to Android or iOS.
- Notice that "Building Workspace" is shown in Studio's status bar until the build ends.
- Go to your project directory in Finder or Windows Explorer.
- Go to subdirectory "build/android" or "build/ios".
- Modify one of the build files.
- Notice that "Building Workspace" is shown in Studio's status bar.
The rebuilding of the workspace for project file changes is actually very fast in Studio and does not beachball the app. So, resolving this issue is more for eliminating the noise that ends up being displayed.
Perhaps Studio should ignore the "Resources" directory for Alloy projects as well? This is because building an Alloy app will generate files under this directory.