Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
When everything works, the installer is a great way to set up your environment since unlike when you install the CLI from NPM, it automatically checks and installs dependencies like NodeJS and Java.
It would be great if we could build on this to support developers that prefer to use (just) the CLI as well. This would mean that it would look like this:
- Select Apps (Titanium) and/or APIs (Arrow) (both selected by default, requires one)
- Select Android/iOS/Windows (if Apps was selected)
- Select CLI and optional Studio (both selected by default, CLI required)
- List/Confirm what will be installed (in order of, ommitting some depending on 1 and 2):
- Appcelerator CLI
- Titanium SDK
- Android Studio (or SDK, but I'd prefer Studio since it has better UX for maintenance)
- Visual Studio
- Appcelerator Studio
- Show instructions for manual install of those who failed
- Open Studio if installed or open a Quick Start URL in the browser otherwise.
Ideally you'd be able to re-run the Installer later if you decide to install Studio or enable more platforms later. This could also help restore environments that are broken somehow.