Affects Version/s: Release 4.0.0
Fix Version/s: Release 4.5.0
Appcelerator Studio, build: 220.127.116.11505111522
Appc CLI Registry: 0.2.282
Appc CLI NPM: 0.3.55
OS: Windows 8
Sprint:2015 Sprint 23 Studio
Details: Currently, if you try to update Appc CLI via Appc Studio and you had a bad install previously (i.e. cancelling the previous update builds), then you will run into this issue: https://community.appcelerator.com/topic/398/appcelerator-studio-updates-error
To improve the update process from Windows, Appc Studio should be able to detect .installing file, delete the file, and update Appc CLI again.
Steps to reproduce:
- Remove the latest Appc CLI build from your machine
- Select an older Appc CLI build: appc use <OLD_BUILD>
- In Appc Studio, check for updates and accept the new Appc CLI update
- As soon as the update wizard starts, cancel the update
- Then, check for updates again from Appc Studio
Actual: Appc Studio will fail to update; see attachment.