Affects Version/s: Release 3.4.0
Fix Version/s: Release 3.4.0
1. Mac OSX 10.9.4
2. Appcelerator Studio, build: 188.8.131.52409231834
3. Titanium SDK, build: 3.4.0.v20140925164115
4. Titanium CLI, build: 3.4.0-rc4
5. Alloy: 1.5.0-rc5
6. Xcode 6.0.1
7. iOS SDK 8.0
8. iPhone Retina (4-inch 64bit)
Sprint:2014 Sprint 19 Studio
The test machine is having the installation as mentioned in the environment.
Running the iOS application with iPhone Retina (4-inch 64-bit) simulator by setting ti SDK to 3.3.0.GA in tiapp.xml gives an error "invalid device id value".
This is a regression.This simulator works with App Studio 3.3.0 and Titanium SDK 3.3.0.GA.
With CLI3.4.0-rc4 and ti SDK 3.3.0.GA , the project built successfully and shows the simulator iPhone Retina (4-inch 64-bit) with black screen. The application didn't launch on it and the execution terminates.This happen 2-3 times. But after that the application get launches successfully on 64bit Retina simulator with CLI.
ti build -p ios -T simulator --sim-64bit --retina
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
1. Create an application for iOS platform in Studio.
2. Set the Titanium SDK in tiapp.xml to 3.3.0.GA.
3. Run the application on iPhone Retina (4-inch 64-bit) simulator.
3. The application should build and launched successfully on iPhone Retina (4-inch 64-bit) Simulator.
3. The application does not build and gives the error "invalid --device-id value".
Please refer the attachment for details.
With other simulators, its working successfully. The problem is with iPhone Retina (4-inch 64-bit) Simulator only.