Affects Version/s: Release 3.4.0
Fix Version/s: None
Verified in the following environment :
Appcelerator Studio, build: 22.214.171.124409112242
Code processor: 1.1.1
Mac OSX version 10.9.4
Selecting the running browser when previewing the html pages only open in safari and not in chrome or firefox even when those browsers are already open and are running. Even when safari is not launched at all, studio always opens the html file in safari when the running browser option is selected for the html file under commands.
This is not a regression as it is reproducible in appcelerator studio 3.3.0
Steps to reproduce:
(Make sure safari is not open and default browser is chrome)
1. Create a sample classic project
2. Create a html template file under resources.
3. Open chrome
4. Go to commands > html > Open document in running browser
5. Close any instance of safari that has been open and Go to commands > html > Open document in default browser in studio
6. Make changes in the html page and save
7. Go to commands > html > refresh running browser
4. Opens the html page in safari
5. Opens the html page in chrome
7. Opens the html page in safari
4. Should open the html page in chrome as chrome has been launched in step 3 and it is the running browser.
7. Should open the html page in chrome as in step 5 it is already opened in chrome and in that way it is easier for the user to see the changes getting reflected in the browser.