Uploaded image for project: 'Appcelerator Studio'
  1. Appcelerator Studio
  2. TISTUD-6918

Studio doesn't install all the components in one attempt If it installs Node

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: High
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: Release 3.4.0
    • Fix Version/s: Release 4.0.0
    • Component/s: Node, Setup, Usability
    • Labels:
    • Environment:
    • Story Points:
      5
    • Sprint:
      2014 Sprint 21 Studio

      Description

      Studio doesn't install all components in one attempt if It needs to install node.
      We need to check for Appcelerator updates 2nd time to install remaining components.
      Same behavior is observed in 3.3.0 GA as well.
      I found some NPEs in Studio Log. Please refer attachment studio_log3.4.0.txt for more info.

      Steps to Reproduce

      1. Unistall node, npm, and npm packages from your machine

      sudo npm uninstall npm -g
      sudo rm /usr/local/bin/node
      sudo rm -rf /usr/local/lib/node /usr/local/lib/node_modules /var/db/receipts/org.nodejs.*
       

      2. Open the Studio and check for Appcelerator Updates
      (It will show all the components to be installed. Please see attachment First_Update.png for more info)
      3. Install the components.
      4. Check in CLI for installation (for eg: node -v, npm -v, ti -v, alloy -v)

      Actual Result

      Only Node and NPM are installed. Alloy, Titanium and ACS are not installed.
      If you check for Appc-Updates again, you can see the result as in attachment Second_Update.png.

      Expected Result

      All components should be installed at one attempt.

      Another Consecutive scenario triggered by this issue

      When I try to check updates second time (see attachment Second_Update.png), Studio 3.4.0 RC fails with following error log. There was no explicit error dialogs.

      !ENTRY com.aptana.core 4 1 2014-09-12 13:06:10.363
      !MESSAGE sudo: a password is required
      

      It didn't allow me to install alloy and CLI components from studio. But I tried the same thing in Studio 3.3.0, It succeeded in second attempt.

      So this part could be regression.

        Attachments

        1. studio_log3.4.0.txt
          11 kB
        2. Studio_Diagnostic.txt
          14 kB
        3. Second_Update.png
          Second_Update.png
          115 kB
        4. First_Update.png
          First_Update.png
          88 kB

          Activity

            People

            • Assignee:
              smishra Sujeet Mishra
              Reporter:
              kvelummaylum Kajenthiran Velummaylum
              Reviewer:
              Christopher Williams
              Tester:
              Kajenthiran Velummaylum
            • Watchers:
              7 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved: