Many of our customers would like to make it much easier to create and share content, in particular base templates to make starting projects much easier. For example, I could create a project that has our standard login widget, and corporate theme. Additionally, it may have specific connection widgets/modules to my backend data sources. This would act as my standard template whenever i want to start a new project.
We should provide a way to save an existing project as an Alloy or TiClassic Template (based on the nature of the project), which would then be added as part of a new ruble bundle or added to an existing bundle.
Additionally, I should be able to create a new Grouping for my Templates so when i open the New Mobile App dialog, the template would show up as part of one or more categories.
When saving the Template, we should do the following:
- Provide an interface to:
- Give the Template a Name
- Select an existing Category or create a new category
- Add to existing bundle or create a new bundle
- Option to add this template to source control or store it locally
- Clean the Project so its prepared as a template
- Strip out project specific entries from the TiApp.XML (guid, acs keys, apm and soasta information etc.)
- remove any files / directories that are generated or non essential to the template
- We should make sure not to delete alloy plugins / hooks etc if we detect that custom ones exist.