After upgrading the 3.2.3 Studio with 3.3.0, studio is unable to recognize the previous (<=3.2.3) titanium installation directory C:\Users\Global\AppData\Roaming\Titanium.
Steps to Reproduce:
Upgrade Appcelerator Studio from 3.2.3 GA -> 3.3.0
1. Configured all the GA components (Studio, SDK, CLI, Alloy & CP) on the system.
2. Created a classic and alloy project. Everything is working fine.
3. Studio shows the default Titanium installation path - C:\Users\Global\AppData\Roaming\Titanium
4. Verified that the location (C:\Users\Global\AppData\Roaming\Titanium) contains three folders - mobilesdk, modules & plugins
5. Note that as per bug
TISTUD-6337, the default Titanium path in 3.2.3 is C:\Users\Global\AppData\Roaming\Titanium and 3.3.0 is C:\ProgramData\Titanium
6. Now upgrade the Appcelerator Studio from 3.2.3 to 3.3.0.
7. Once the upgrade completes, studio asks to restart. Restarted the Studio.
As soon as we get the Dashboard, Studio shows the Appcelerator Update dialog box which contains the SDK 3.2.3 GA and two more studio plugins
Studio should recognize the existing titanium installation directory and should not prompt for Appcelerator update dialog box.
Note: After upgrading the Studio with 3.3.0, the default Titanium path is C:\ProgramData\Titanium that's why studio is unable to recognize the previous (<=3.2.3) titanium installation directory C:\Users\Global\AppData\Roaming\Titanium.