Setting orientationModes on a tab group proxy seems to have no effect. This can be observed in the tab layout in KS by trying to force orientationModes.
A work around is to set the orientation in the tiapp.xml via:
A fix should be investigated though to allow for setting the orientation modes in a programmatic way. In addition, it appears that setting the orientation modes for a window on a tab have no effect either.
1. Run the code bellow in an application.
2. Initially the orientations of the group should be locked in both left and right landscape.
3. Click the 'Toggle orientationModes' button.
4. You should now be able to orientate the group in all modes (ex: landscape, portrait).
5. Click the toggle button again. Should lock the group back into landscape only mode.
6. Repeat until you are satisfied.