When building with Xcode 4.2, modules don't target the latest iOS, and since the default architecture changed, they also don't target armv6. This results in the module not being usable in a Titanium Mobile project that is targeting armv6.
The project template for modules should be updated to:
1. Also target armv6, where appropriate
2. Target the latest iOS
- Create a module from the terminal:
- Open the module's project in Xcode 4.2:
- In Xcode, verify that it does NOT say "missing base SDK" beneath the project name in the Project navigator.
- Click on the project name in the Project navigator to open up the settings.
- Under the Build Settings tab for BOTH the project and the target, verify that all references to armv7 are accompanied by armv6. It shouldn't say just "armv7" anywhere.