While evaluating bitmap allocation, we discovered that bitmaps are fetched and scaled-down twice for each ImageView, which should not be necessary. We are working to fix that in core code.
Reproduce in 1.7.2:
- Create a new app with this app.js:
- Launch the app from Ti Studio to an emulator.
- In Ti Studio, down at the console view, turn off the two "Show console when..." options.
- Switch to the FastDev Process console.
- When the app loads, you'll notice in the FastDev Process console that KS_nav_ui.png is fetched three times. It should only be fetched twice – once for getting bitmap size in order to calculate a sample size, and once to load the whole thing.