Affects Version/s: Release 1.6.0
- Titanium SDK version: 126.96.36.199c3689
- Platform & version: iOS 4.3, OSX 10.7 (Lion)
- Device Details: iOS simulator and iOS device when using RETINA display
- Host Operating System: OSX 10.7
- Titanium Studio build: 188.8.131.52107130739
If you call var a = view.toImage() on a view, and set an ImageView to that blob i.e. imageView.image = a
on an Iphone with retina display, then the image is displayed at normal resolution and thus is pixelated on an iPhone 4.
There is a very simple fix to this already out there in the wild, see https://github.com/iamyellow/titanium_mobile/
I would recommend that change is made to all appropriate UI controls which have a toImage() method.
Please remember this issue is only visible when using an iOS 4 Retina Device.