ListView event "itemsselected" is only fired when tapping on item checkboxes while editing with multi-selection enabled. The "itemsselected" event is NOT fired when tapping on anywhere else on the ListItem such the label or empty row area, even though it is selected and added to the "selectedItems" array property. This makes it difficult to know what items are currently selected (other than setting up a timer).
Steps to reproduce:
- Build and run ListViewSelectionCountTest.js on iOS.
- Tap on the "Edit" button.
- Tap on a list item's check mark.
- Notice top label reads "1 Selected". (This is good.)
- Tap on the same list item's label to unselect it. (Do not tap it's checkmark.)
- Notice top label reads "1 Selected". (This is bad. Event was not fired.)
- Tap on multiple list item labels and not their checkboxes.
- Notice top label never changes.
This is not an issue on Android, making it easy to keep a selection count via events.