As of Android Q beta 4, the OS displays activity windows via a zoom-in animation on some devices such as the Pixel 3. Because of this new open animation, Titanium's splash screen might stutter during a cold start (but not subsequent startups) as shown by the attached "AndroidQ-Launch.gif" below.
This issue can happen on older Android OS versions as well, but is less likely to happen and difficult to reproduce. The attached "AndroidP-Launch.gif" shows this happening on Android P with a slide-up transition.
- This does not happen with Android Q on a Pixel 2 device. (Does not do zoom-in animations.)
- This stutter only happens when opening a window while the splash screen is still doing its open animation. (Can work-around by delaying opening the first window.)
- This appears to be a bug on Google's end, but we should attempt to work-around it.
Steps to reproduce:
- Acquire a Pixel 3 device/emulator with Android Q beta 4 or newer.
- Download kitchensink-v2 project. (Can be found here.)
- Build and run on the Pixel 3.
- Notice that the splash screen stutters while opening as shown in GIF above.
- To re-test, "force-quit" the app and relaunch the app.
In your "app.js" or "alloy.js", delay opening the first window by about 100ms. Waiting for the splash screen open animation to end works-around the issue.