As of Titanium 8.0.0.RC, the Ti.Geolocation event "location" will never fire if "accuracy" is set to Ti.Geolocation.ACCURACY_HIGH, which is the default accuracy setting.
Steps to reproduce:
- Build and run GeocoderTest.js on Android.
- When a dialog asks for permission, tap the "Allow" button.
- Wait for location data.
- Notice that location data is never received.
- In the GeocoderTest.js, uncomment the ACCURACY_HIGH line.
- Rebuild and run on Android.
- Notice that location data is now being received and shown onscreen.
The Ti.Geolocation "accuracy" property defaults to ACCURACY_LOW, which means location data will never be received by default.
The "location" event will fire if accuracy is set to high.