Affects Version/s: Release 7.5.0
Fix Version/s: Release 7.5.1
Name = Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center
Version = 6.3.9600
Architecture = 64bit
- CPUs = 4
Memory = 6298132480
Node.js Version = 8.9.1
npm Version = 5.5.1
CLI Version = 5.1.1
SDK Version = 7.4.2.GA/7.5.0.GA
Target Platform = android
- CPUs = 4
Sprint:2019 Sprint 4
If the Android app's UI is in the background and you attempt to launch it via a data intent (aka: URL scheme, notification, or startActivity() intent), then the app's splash screen will be displayed but nothing will happen. This is a regression as of 7.5.0. Titanium 7.4.2 and older versions would re-execute the "app.js" in this case.
As of Titanium 8.0.0, the above is not an issue. Intent handling was refactored in 8.0.0 to guarantee that only one UI stack exists at a time. Data intents will instead resume the existing UI stack like how iOS works. See
TIMOB-26075 for more details.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a classic Titanium app.
- Set project name to "IntentTest". (This is <name/> in "tiapp.xml".)
- Set project's "Application Id" to "com.appc.intent.test". (This is <id/> in "tiapp.xml.)
- Set up the "app.js" with the below code.
- Build and run on Android.
- Wait for the app to launch.
- Open the Mac "Terminal" app.
- CD (change directory) to: ~/Library/Android/sdk/platform-tools
- In the terminal, enter: ./adb shell am start -n com.appc.intent.test/.IntenttestActivity -a android.intent.action.VIEW -d https://www.google.com -f 0x04000000
A new splash screen window instance is displayed, but doesn't show the window and label implemented via the "app.js" code.
It should re-execute the "app.js" when 2nd UI stack is displayed to maintain old behavior.
Using 7.5.0.GA, application gets stuck on the splash screen when navigating back from the TargetApp towards the SourceApp after having the TargetApp opened from the SourceApp. Using 7.4.2.GA, it was working fine.