As of Titanium 7.5.0, a custom theme set up with windowTranslucentNavigation or windowTranslucentStatus will be undone when applied to the splash screen activity.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a Classic app named "SplashTest".
- Set up a blank "app.js" as shown below.
- Add the below "my_themes.xml" file under folder: ./platform/android/res/values
- Set up "tiapp.xml" with the below.
- Build and run on Android.
- On app startup, notice that top status bar and bottom navigation bar are briefly displayed semi-transparent... but then become opaque. (The bug is they're not supposed to turn opaque.)
- Notice that the following warning gets logged.
You cannot use a translucent status bar or navigation bar unless you set the window's 'extendSafeArea' property to true.