When applying a custom theme to an Android app or activity, the theme applied to an ActionBar or Toolbar title is lost when changing app orientation. It ends up resetting back to the default theme.
This bug was introduced into 7.5.0.RC.
Steps to reproduce:
- Download "kitchensink-v2" project from: here
- Set up project to build with 7.5.0.RC.
- Build and run to an Android device.
- Clear the alert dialog displayed on app startup.
- Notice that the top ActionBar title has white text.
- Rotate the device from portrait to landscape.
- Notice that the top ActionBar title now has black text. (This is the bug.)
The new TiToolbarStyleHandler.java class added to 7.5.0.RC is hard-coded to use the "style.Widget_AppCompat_Toolbar" theme. We need to find a way to acquire the theme resource ID applied to the activity and use that instead. This will solve it for the ActionBar as well since it's internally implemented as a Toolbar on Google's end.