Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: Release 7.5.0
Sprint:2018 Sprint 12 SDK, 2018 Sprint 13 SDK, 2018 Sprint 14 SDK, 2018 Sprint 15 SDK, 2018 Sprint 16 SDK, 2016 Sprint 17 SDK, 2018 Sprint 18 SDK, 2018 Sprint 19 SDK
Directory names have a leading underscore '_' (ex: "_MyDirectory") are automatically excluded from the built Android APK's "assets" directory. Google did this intentionally with their "aapt" command line tool. We should change this behavior since iOS and Windows doesn't have this restriction. (Makes it less confusing too.)
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a Titanium "Classic" app.
- Copy the attached Test.zip file's contents to your app.
- Build and run the app for the Android emulator.
- Build and run the app to an Android device. (Note the emulator.)
- On app startup, note that a window is displayed, but it fails to display an image. (The JS files was loaded, but the "_Test/AppcLogo.png" did not get included into the APK.)
Google's command line tool "aapt" will automatically exclude the following from the APK's assets directory:
We can change this behavior by using "aapt" argument --ignore-assets and tell it not to omit directories with a leading underscore.