When a TextField is within a vertical ListView, ScrollView, or TableView... horizontal TextField scrolling will be canceled if you drag your finger too far up/down and the vertically scrolling parent view will steal/intercept all touch events from there. This makes scrolling a TextField difficult.
Once horizontal scrolling has started in a TextField, the parent view should no longer be able to scroll vertically until your finger has been released.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Build/run the below code on Android.
- Start dragging a TextField horizontally.
- As you drag it horizontally, drag up or down.
- Notice that the TextField no longer scrolls horizontally and you're now vertically scrolling the parent ScrollView instead.
- A vertical scrolling TextArea does not have this problem since it supports "nested" scrolling.
- iOS does not allow horizontal scrolling of a TextField at all while in a vertically scrolling parent, but I don't think we should match this behavior on Android since it makes it less convenient to use.