We might want to introduce automatic-increment for build number during build due to deployment issues (See
TIMOB-25616 and TIMOB-25017).
Here's some starting point to discuss:
- Do we accept the difference between version numbering in tiapp.xml and actual app? Note that Developers may want to determine specific version number for the release build.
- We could introduce special placeholder like <version>1.0.*</version> but this may cause breaking change and parity issue between platforms. Do we wan to do like this? Or we could just say "If you omit the build number, we just automatically increment it behind scenes, only on Windows platform".
- Do we accept this breaking change regarding new version numbering spec?
- Do we want to enable it by default? Otherwise do we want to introduce new property in tiapp.xml like <enable-auto-build-numvering/> or so?
- Do we want to introduce this new version numbering spec for other platforms? Do we want to keep parity for it?
- Do we want to make it configurable from Appc Studio? For instance "Automatically increment" checkbox in UWP packager