Uploaded image for project: 'Titanium SDK/CLI'
  1. Titanium SDK/CLI
  2. TIMOB-25466

setLargeTitleEnabled - unrecognized selector sent to instance

    Details

      Description

      My mobile app contains 3 tabs and has been in production for a year now. Latest release was end of August and built on Ti 6.2.2GA.

      This morning I updated to 6.3.0RC and deployed to my iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 11. After running for 30 seconds, and flipping between a few tabs, the app crashes with:
      [ERROR] : The application has crashed with an uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException'.
      [ERROR] : Reason:
      [ERROR] : -[TiUIWindowProxy setLargeTitleEnabled:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x1038d8800
      [ERROR] : Stack trace:
      [ERROR] : 0 CoreFoundation 0x000000018143bd38 <redacted> + 124
      [ERROR] : 1 libobjc.A.dylib 0x0000000180950528 objc_exception_throw + 56
      [ERROR] : 2 CoreFoundation 0x00000001814491f8 <redacted> + 0
      [ERROR] : 3 CoreFoundation 0x00000001814416e4 <redacted> + 1380
      [ERROR] : 4 CoreFoundation 0x00000001813270dc _CF_forwarding_prep_0 + 92
      [ERROR] : 5 AmLINK 0x0000000102327440 AmLINK + 373824
      [ERROR] : 6 AmLINK 0x0000000102320004 AmLINK + 344068
      [ERROR] : 7 AmLINK 0x00000001022dbb78 AmLINK + 64376
      [ERROR] : 8 UIKit 0x000000018a8645bc <redacted> + 628
      [ERROR] : 9 UIKit 0x000000018a864330 <redacted> + 156
      [ERROR] : 10 UIKit 0x000000018a8f0228 <redacted> + 440
      [ERROR] : 11 UIKit 0x000000018a8645bc <redacted> + 628
      [ERROR] : 12 UIKit 0x000000018a864330 <redacted> + 156
      [ERROR] : 13 UIKit 0x000000018a96fb74 <redacted> + 1156
      [ERROR] : 14 UIKit 0x000000018a96f6dc <redacted> + 68
      [ERROR] : 15 UIKit 0x000000018a96f538 <redacted> + 400
      [ERROR] : 16 UIKit 0x000000018a972290 <redacted> + 112
      [ERROR] : 17 UIKit 0x000000018aa256b4 <redacted> + 392
      [ERROR] : 18 UIKit 0x000000018a88020c <redacted> + 96
      [ERROR] : 19 UIKit 0x000000018aa254c0 <redacted> + 528
      [ERROR] : 20 UIKit 0x000000018a88020c <redacted> + 96
      [ERROR] : 21 UIKit 0x000000018a88018c <redacted> + 80
      [ERROR] : 22 UIKit 0x000000018a86af4c <redacted> + 440
      [ERROR] : 23 UIKit 0x000000018ade36a4 <redacted> + 120
      [ERROR] : 24 UIKit 0x000000018a88020c <redacted> + 96
      [ERROR] : 25 UIKit 0x000000018a88018c <redacted> + 80
      [ERROR] : 26 UIKit 0x000000018a86af4c <redacted> + 440
      [ERROR] : 27 UIKit 0x000000018a87fa80 <redacted> + 576
      [ERROR] : 28 UIKit 0x000000018a87f5a0 <redacted> + 2544
      [ERROR] : 29 UIKit 0x000000018a87aa70 <redacted> + 3208
      [ERROR] : 30 UIKit 0x000000018a84c078 <redacted> + 340
      [ERROR] : 31 UIKit 0x00000001a0118b58 <redacted> + 100
      [ERROR] : 32 UIKit 0x000000018b18bf98 <redacted> + 2364
      [ERROR] : 33 UIKit 0x000000018b18e408 <redacted> + 4760
      [ERROR] : 34 UIKit 0x000000018b187574 <redacted> + 152
      [ERROR] : 35 CoreFoundation 0x00000001813e4358 <redacted> + 24
      [ERROR] : 36 CoreFoundation 0x00000001813e42d8 <redacted> + 88
      [ERROR] : 37 CoreFoundation 0x00000001813e3b60 <redacted> + 204
      [ERROR] : 38 CoreFoundation 0x00000001813e1738 <redacted> + 1048
      [ERROR] : 39 CoreFoundation 0x00000001813022d8 CFRunLoopRunSpecific + 436
      [ERROR] : 40 GraphicsServices 0x0000000183193f84 GSEventRunModal + 100
      [ERROR] : 41 UIKit 0x000000018a8af880 UIApplicationMain + 208
      [ERROR] : 42 AmLINK 0x00000001022d1e8c AmLINK + 24204
      [ERROR] : 43 libdyld.dylib 0x0000000180e2656c <redacted> + 4
      – End application log -------------------------------------------------------

      Seeing "setLargeTitleEnabled" in the log, I assumed that must be the issue. Your doc says it defaults to "false" which is fine - I dont want to use it. But obviously, the SDK is doing something wrong. So I went ahead and decided to define it by adding this in app.tss to apply to every window.
      Window[platform=ios]":

      { largeTitleEnabled: false }

      Upon doing that, now the app won't even open - instantly crashes.

      So, I removed the .tss style I added, put tiapp.xml back to 6.2.2GA and the app runs perfect.

      It is definitely a 6.3.0RC issue.

      Please help as I really need to get on 6.3.0 so I can re-package for the upcoming iPhone X release.

      Thanks,
      Adam.

        Attachments

          Activity

            People

            • Assignee:
              hknoechel Hans Knöchel
              Reporter:
              amwinsauto Adam Armstrong
              Reviewer:
              Eric Wieber
            • Watchers:
              2 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved:

                Backbone Issue Sync

                • Titanium SDK/CLI <> Titanium Mobile
                  Synced with:
                  TIMOB-5936
                  Sync status:
                  ERROR
                  Last received:
                  Last sent:

                  Git Source Code