Uploaded image for project: 'Titanium SDK/CLI'
  1. Titanium SDK/CLI
  2. TIMOB-25462

Android: webview userAgent doesn't change

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: None
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: Release 6.2.2
    • Fix Version/s: Release 7.0.0
    • Component/s: Android
    • Labels:
      None
    • Story Points:
      3
    • Sprint:
      2017 Sprint 22 SDK, 2017 Sprint 23 SDK

      Description

      Hi,
      I've got a problem with webview on Androids when setting the userAgent. I'm using SDK 6.2.2GA

      When I set the userAgent it doesn't change. I've tried this in a Samsung S7 (android 7)and HTC M8 (android 6). However, it works on an iPhone.

      Here is some example code:

      var webview = Titanium.UI.createWebView({url:'https://www.whoishostingthis.com/tools/user-agent/',userAgent:'IngelbyApp'});
       
      $.index.add(webview);
       
      $.index.open();
      
      

      Environment :

      Operating System
        Name                        = Mac OS X
        Version                     = 10.13
        Architecture                = 64bit
        # CPUs                      = 4
        Memory                      = 8589934592
      Node.js
        Node.js Version             = 6.10.3
        npm Version                 = 3.10.10
      Titanium CLI
        CLI Version                 = 5.0.14
      Titanium SDK
        SDK Version                 = 6.2.2.GA
      

        Attachments

          Issue Links

            Activity

              People

              • Assignee:
                gmathews Gary Mathews
                Reporter:
                aislam Aminul Islam
                Reviewer:
                Yordan Banev
                Tester:
                Lokesh Choudhary
              • Watchers:
                4 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                • Created:
                  Updated:
                  Resolved:

                  Backbone Issue Sync

                  • Titanium SDK/CLI <> Titanium Mobile
                    Synced with:
                    TIMOB-5932
                    Sync status:
                    ERROR
                    Last received:
                    Last sent:

                    Git Source Code