Affects Version/s: Release 7.0.0, Release 6.2.0
Fix Version/s: Release 7.0.0
Studio Ver: 126.96.36.199707200100
SDK Ver: 7.0.0.v20170811094808
OS Ver: 10.12.3
Xcode Ver: Xcode 8.3.3
Appc NPM: 4.2.9
Appc CLI: 6.2.3
Ti CLI Ver: 5.0.14
Alloy Ver: 1.9.13
Node Ver: 6.10.1
Java Ver: 1.8.0_101
Android Device: Nexus 6P – 8.0 (preview)
Sprint:2017 Sprint 17 Tooling
This was found when checking the fix for : https://jira.appcelerator.org/browse/TIMOB-24900. The PR for
TIMOB-24900 was already merged in to master while writing this ticket, we will have a backport for it, so this ticket is for both master & 6.2.0.
So probably the cause for this issue is in our "node-titanium-sdk/lib/adb.js" "parseDevices" function. Here we do a "adb shell cat /system/build.prop" to get the device property list & then grab the model, manufacturer etc from it.
But from some reason, on Android O device this "cat" command returns "/system/build.prop: Permission denied" which is then the "data" callback & thus does not have any device properties returned.
1. Connect device with Android O preview.
2. Make sure adb debugging is enabled on device.
3. Run appc ti info -t android
1. The Connected Device shows the device as Android device & not the model.
2. This makes the studio show the device as Android device.
1. The device's model name should show up.