Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: Release 7.5.0
Titanium SDK 6.0.3
Android API 23
Sprint:2018 Sprint 16 SDK
Setting Android View property "backgroundImage" to a URL will cause a crash if "tiapp.xml" property "run-on-main-thread" is set to true.
(This also happens with ImageView "defaultImage" property as well.)
Steps to reproduce:
- Uninstall the app from the device if already installed. (Will delete cached web responses.)
- Make sure the Android device has Internet access.
- Set "tiapp.xml" file property "run-on-main-thread" to true.
- Build and run the below code.
- Notice that the app crashes/hangs on startup.
I am unable to set background image for an imageView using an external URL. It crashes the app, but only if ran via main thread.