In SDK 6.0.0, we updated the default minimum iOS target to 8.0 as a result of the Xcode 8.x version that is now supported. Doing that, our iOS SDK core shows some deprecation-warnings regarding API's that should be replaced in iOS 8 and later. A selection:
- Replace UISearchDisplayController with UISearchController (API migration required)
- Replace NSDayCalendarUnit with NSCalendarUnitDay etc. (search and replace, easy ones)
- Replace willAnimateRotationToInterfaceOrientation: (used in many places, migration required)
- Replace ABPeoplePickerNavigationController (in Ti.Contacts, replacement straight forward)
- Remove old statements (e.g. ![TiUtils isIOS8OrGreater])
- Remove old UIAlertView and UIActionSheet API's
The first bunch of changes can be seen in this branch, I'm not sure when I can continue the outstanding issues, but the plan is either for 6.1.0 or 6.2.0.