Android 6.0 camera view with overlay sometimes hangs after taking a picture. The hang resumes for about 45 seconds to a minute after which the app crashes with message "AppName is not responding". After closing the app camera issue persist. Even native camera app is not working as the result of this crash. The only way to restore both apps to working state is to restart users device.
This was tested on on Nexus 9 tablet and Nexus 5X devices running Marshmallow 6.0.1
- Create a new Alloy Default Project
- Open the app folder and replace the existing folders with the attached files
- Press "Open Camera" button; you should be presented with camera screen with an
- Press "Take" button
- If the app does not crash a preview screen will appear with captured picture. If that
happens either press "Keep" button to return to main page or press "Retake" button
to come back to camera screen.
- Keep taking pictured until crash is reproduced (it sometimes takes a few tries to