Recently none of the zip files downloaded from http://builds.appcelerator.com.s3.amazonaws.com/index.html unzip via browser download or from Finder. They do unzip from terminal using the unzip command.
The issue seems to be related to Ti.SafariDialog/.git/COMMIT_EDITMSG not containing an end of stream entry.
1) Use Safari or Chrome on mac and download the latest zip from Master. Please note I've only tested the OS X download
2) Once downloaded you will receive an error that your browser was not able to decompress the file.
3) Try to unzip using Finder and you will get a generic message that the file or folder does not exist.
To find the issue:
1) Open terminal in the directly you've downloaded the file
2) Run the below statement. Please note I renamed the file to avoid typing
$ zip -FF download.zip --out test.zip
3) You will see the following printed
Fix archive (-FF) - salvage what can
Found end record (EOCDR) - says expect single disk archive
4) If you scroll to the end of the output you will see the failure.
copying: modules/iphone/ti.touchid/1.2.0/module.xcconfig (452 bytes)
copying: Ti.SafariDialog/ (0 bytes)
copying: Ti.SafariDialog/.git/ (0 bytes)
copying: Ti.SafariDialog/.git/branches/ (0 bytes)
zip warning: no end of stream entry found: Ti.SafariDialog/.git/COMMIT_EDITMSG
zip warning: rewinding and scanning for later entries