The following sample shows that both backgroundColor and cardBackgroundColor work, but the one with backgroundColor doesn't show a border/corner radius. Because of
TIMOB-19801 I cannot verify, but I guess when I would set both I would see a rectangle without radius behind one that has?
Is there an actual use case to have both (working, if we resolve
TIMOB-19801)? If so, then we need to document the difference. If not, then I'd say we rename cardBackgroundColor to backgroundColor.
- Pro: Easier to translate what you read in the Android reference to your Titanium app.
- Con: Titanium developers are used to our naming conventions throughout what is after all a cross-platform SDK, even for platform-specific components.
Given my experience that most Titanium developers do not read the target platform references but rely on our docs and - lazy as developers are - the predictability of our API I think we should:
- Remove the card prefix from the CardView specific properties.
- Rename (card)CornerRadius to borderRadius.
- Remove the content prefix from the contentPadding* properties.