While I was working on https://github.com/appcelerator-developer-relations/appc-sample-handoff when our SDK and Apple's were still not GA and since they became GA it seems like the behaviour around useractivitywillsave has changed:
- Before it fired directly after setting needsSave:true but now it only does before the activity is handed off. This is expected behaviour, so I guess OK.
- Before I any change I did to the activity's userInfo in the event listener for useractivitywillsave would be received by the continueactivity event on the other device. But now it is no longer. This is not expected behaviour, so definitely a bug!
1. Build https://github.com/appcelerator-developer-relations/appc-sample-handoff to 2 devices
2. Make a change to the needsSave tab's title/message and continue on the other device
3. Check the logs on both and see that while the userInfo was updated in the useractivitywillsave on the first, it is not received in continueactivity on the other.
This seems like a serious bug because this makes handoff not usable for dynamic content.