If the device is in landscape mode when the user goes into multitask mode on iOS (Double Tap Home Button) the splash screen snapshot is shown rotated sideways in the portrait orientation (As seen in the Screen shoot attached).
When using the Ti.App.setForceSplashAsSnapshot(true); property and the 3.3.0.GA TiSDK and iOS 7 SDK on iOS 7 device when the user goes into multitask mode on iOS (Double Tap Home Button) the splash screen snapshot is shown in the orientation that the app is in (screen shoot attached to illustrate this).
- Launch App
- In portrait mode double tap home button.
- Notice the splash screen image shown is in the correct portrait orientation
- Rotate it to landscape mode
- Multitask by double tapping the home button
- Notice that the splash screen image is shown rotated sideways. It appears to be stuck in portrait mode.
Reproduced at iOS8 Ipad Simulator.
Since our docs says it only works at device there is an attached sample app to illustrate: 3.4_Splash_SnapShot_Sideways.zip
A picture is attached which shows the issue called: SplashSnapshotSideways.png
This was also reproduced with iPad (Gen 3) running 8.0 Beta 5 using