Affects Version/s: Release 3.2.3
Appcelerator Studio 188.8.131.52404081806
In the Dynamic Styling Alloy sample https://github.com/appcelerator/alloy/tree/master/test/apps/advanced/dynamic_styling , in the 'rawStyle' window, there is a webView whose html content is rendered using the Underscore.js '_.template' utility:
Alloy.Globals.htmlTemplate (in app/alloy.js):
If no targetSdkVersion is specified or if a targetSdkVersion specified is greater than 13, running the sample on Android using the latest SDK (3.2.3.v20140403105720), the Webview is not visible.
Is correctly visible using 3.2.2.GA on both iOS and Android.
1. Create a new Alloy project and import the Alloy sample code https://github.com/appcelerator/alloy/tree/master/test/apps/advanced/dynamic_styling (or get the attached project)
2. Run on Android and click on 'Raw Style Modules'
Result: second webView (<WebView id="styleArray" height="800dp"/>) is not visible.
3. Edit tiapp.xml, add the following and run on Android:
Result: the webView is now correctly displayed
4. Edit tiapp.xml, add the following and run on Android:
Result: Webview is no longer displayed.
5. Edit tiapp.xml, switch to SDK 3.2.2.GA, use any targetSdkVersion (from 11 to 19) and run on device:
Result: webview is always correctly displayed. It seems to be a regression on the SDK (also no changes made on Alloy).
Attached screenshots for comparison between a displayed and not-displayed webview.
If using Jake to import the Alloy sample project, it works fine as in this case an Harness template with targetSdkVersion='11' is being used.
If using the default new app tiapp.xml file (with no targetSdkVersion being specified in the manifest), the sample webview is not visible.