Affects Version/s: Release 3.2.3
Fix Version/s: Release 3.2.3
Appcelerator Studio, build: 188.8.131.52403181115
SDK build: 3.2.3.v20140319091659
ti.cloud: 3.2.1 (latest)
Devices: iphone 5 (7.1)
Details: On iOS, cannot upload a photo blob from the camera or photo gallery to ACS.
1. This is a regression. SDK 3.2.2.GA + ti.cloud 3.2.1 works fine, but SDK 3.2.3 + ti.cloud 3.2.1 does not
2. Cannot reproduce the issue on an Android device
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a default Titanium classic app
2. Next, download and unzip the Archive.zip attachment
3. Drag both the Resources and tiapp.xml into the project created in step 1; replacing both the Resources directory and tiapp.xml
4. Install and launch app to an iOS device
5. Go to Users > Login User and login with username a and password 1234
6. Press Back button twice and go to Photos > Create Photo
7. Press Select Photo from Gallery or Take Photo with Camera to take a photo
8. Press Create button
Actual: Failed to upload photo error appears (see error.png attachment) even though the photo is 935 KB.
Expected: Should be able to upload a photo from either the photo gallery or after taking a photo.
Another note: If you go to Resources/windows/photos/create.js and uncomment line 36 and 52 (getting the photo with Ti.Filesystem.getFile in Ti.Media.openPhotoGallery and Ti.Media.showCamera respectively), you can upload the photo to ACS without any issues.