Android debug builds places a deploy.json file in the /sdcard/<app id>/ directory that contains the debug server information. It's possible in certain circumstances that this file is not properly removed for non-debug builds. This is a problem since the presence of the deploy.json means you are debugging or profiling and the app appears to hang.
It would be better if we bake the deploy.json into the packaged APK file. This has several benefits:
1. Ties debug sessions to debug builds
2. Installing non-debug apps will cause the debug settings to be wiped
3. Wouldn't need to wait for the device/emulator SD card to mount
4. Wouldn't require a device/emulator to have an SD card
5. Wouldn't require the WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission