Affects Version/s: Release 3.1.2
Fix Version/s: None
Titanium Studio, build: 184.108.40.206307091805
SDK build: 3.1.2.v20130708163051
Java version: 1.7.0_21
OS: Max OS X (10.8.4)
If you have Java 7 on your computer and packaged your Titanium app for the Play Store, INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_NO_CERTIFICATES is returned if you try to install the packaged app to an Android device.
This does not affect machines that have Java 6.
Here is the Q&A thread: http://developer.appcelerator.com/question/151653
Here is the referenced workaround: http://developer.android.com/tools/publishing/app-signing.html#signapp
1. In Titanium Studio, create a default app
2. Select the app and go to Publish > Distribute - Android App Store
3. Fill out the required fields and press publish
4. After app is packaged, open terminal and cd to where the packaged app is
5. Plug in an Android device and run the following command: adb install <APP>.apk
[INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_NO_CERTIFICATES] is returned:
Should be able to install app to Android device after Titanium Studio packages it for the Play Store.
To workaround this issue:
1. Run the following command: jarsigner -verbose -sigalg SHA1withRSA -digestalg SHA1 -keystore <YOUR_KEYSTORE>.keystore <YOUR_PKG_APP>.apk <YOUR_KEYSTORE_ALIAS_NAME>
2. Enter your keystore's password
3. Install the app to Android device again