The current TableView implementation, particularly on Android, has a number of limitations and performance issues.
The suggestion is to create a new architecture, likely done as a module to allow for easy forward migration by end users. It would be semi-similar to TableView.
- For pure performance, we need to reuse the views otherwise initialization will be slow
- Figure out a way of reusing views properly
- TableView APIs—half are synchronous, are asynchronous. Move all to async
- Move to a data-centric model
- iOS TableView is much simpler on Android vs. iOS. Do we want the header view? Probably not
- We need to get feedback on if community cares about specific features that are platform
- Figure APIs to support. Could be more Android-specific (1 week)
- Enforce className (2 hrs)
- Create iOS Module (3 weeks)
- Create Android Module (5 weeks)