Note the following test code when run on ipad:
I have a window with an iAd opening in a navgroup. There are several issues.
1) If we open an iAd under certain orientations we get a black screen. This is similar to this issue -> https://jira.appcelerator.org/browse/TIMOB-5006?focusedCommentId=209592#comment-209592
2) If we remove the navgroup and switch orientations to portrait while an ad is up the screen doesn't adjust orientations if we close the ad.
3) When using the navgroup periodically the ad will disappear or a fire a 'load' event, but not actually be there. This doesn't happen outside a navgroup. Please see this issue -> https://jira.appcelerator.org/browse/TC-1057
4) If you comment in the code for the 'action' event I have that fixes orientations and then release them in a particular order you can marginally work around the first two issues by sort of 'shaking the app loose' as it were. This is the best we've got so far for a solution, but still doesn't help us with the third issue.