The above links represent the current state for a statically rendered and markdown based docs site for Titanium SDK. It is based on VuePress and some custom plugins that do most of the heavy lifting behind the scenes.
The Idea for the API reference is as follows:
- The docs for a proxy are composed out of two sources. First the markdown file itself. This includes the description and examples fields from the apidoc .yaml files. Those can be extracted with a migration script, which will create the initial markdown file.
- The description and examples fields can then be removed from the .yaml files
- Using the <ApiDocs/> Vue component inside a markdown file will render the rest of the docs based on a api.json which was generated from the .yaml files.
- Finish versioning plugin that allows to snapshot the current state of the docs folder and create a new version from that. Different versions of the docs can then be selected with a dropdown from the top navigation bar. The latest version will be displayed by default.
- Fix active header links plugin
- Create build script that automatically creates the `api.json` from a set of repos that contain `apidoc` folder. For the SDK that would be titanium_mobile and titanium_mobile_windows.