Status: In Review
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
The iOS Swift rewrite in MOD-2495 already addresses a few parity issues between Android and iOS. This ticket is for changes required in the Android version of the module.
Parity issues that need to be addressed:
For the module proxy:
- Add AD_SIZE_* constants
- New method initialize to initialize the Google Ads SDK
- Add debugIdentifiers property (see https://developers.google.com/admob/android/test-ads#enable_test_devices). This should replace requestTestAd from the banner view proxy.
- Deprecate createView and replace with createBannerView
- Remove Facebook audience framework. Not sure if this is possible on Android. We currently ship this by default for Facebook mediation. However i would like to remove it and users have to manually add it the their Project if they want to use it.. Should be easily done by just dropping it into a project's platform folder. There is no code setup necessary.
- I would like to replace set/get tagForUnderAgeOfConsent with property isTaggedForUnderAgeOfConsent. In Swift this can be done with computed properties. Is this possible on Android?
Banner view proxy:
- Deprecate loadAd and requestAd and replace with load
- Deprecate requestTestAd
- Deprecate additional properties like prop_color_bg etc. Ad request customization should now be done via load
- Add support for adSize option to specify the banner size. This is currently hardcoded to AdSize.Banner.
- Remove deprecated properties testing and publisherId (Not sure for how long those are deprecated so maybe this needs to be done later)
- Add options for request customization to load
- On iOS the proxy can be reused and a new interstitial ad is created each time "load" is called. Can we do the same on Android?
- Deprecate the event name constants and just use strings. I don't think we can actually deprecate them in the code so we just need to add a note in the docs. New event names for banner and insterstials would be:
- ad_received => load
- ad_not_received => fail
- ad_closed => close
- ad_opened => open
- ad_left_application => leftapp