Affects Version/s: Release 4.0.2
Fix Version/s: CLI Release 6.3.0
Sprint:To Be Scheduled, 2017 Sprint 17 Tooling, 2017 Sprint 18 Tooling, 2017 Sprint 19 Tooling, 2017 Sprint 20 Tooling, 2017 Sprint 21 Tooling
The following scenario has been causing confusion to several customers. The workaround if often simple, but by the time they or we figure it out, they already have a negative experience with a very crucial and sensitive step in our funnel.. paying us (or claiming their free Indie seat).
- User tries to build for ad-hoc or store.
- Studio/CLI says they can't and directs them to billing.
- User claims pays or claims his free Indie/Pro/Team seat.
- User tries to build for ad-hoc or store again.
- Studio/CLI still says they can't.
- User gets frustrated and jumps on the Q&A or email.
- We loose valuable support time to figure it out.
The workaround is for the user to logout and then in again, triggering their locally stored entitlements to be refreshed.
Whenever the CLI/Studio would now abort because of a limitation in the entitlements, it should first refresh the entitlements and check again. Only then it should fail if the entitlements still don't allow the user to do what he wanted.