Currently, Hyperloop will only be downloaded when a user creates a project. This means that in order to get a new version of Hyperloop a user will have to be instructed to create a new project.
- User has been active in 5.4.0 beta and RC, created a project to test out Hyperloop and has been using Hyperloop 1.2.5
- 5.4.0 goes GA, Hyperloop 1.2.6 is released, user attempts to use this version in their app but finds that they cannot download the latest version.
- User creates new project in order to get this new version of Hyperloop
I see a number of problems with this
- Breaks from the current UX for new versions of modules. Most are bundled in the SDK, or Studio will prompt the user to install a new module if it is a restricted module.
- Counter-intuitive to have to create a project to update a module
- Forces a user to create a 'junk app' or reimport their app every time they need to update Hyperloop
- Delete all Hyperloop module versions and plugins off your machine
- In prod create a new project, at the time of writing this should get you 1.2.5
- Switch to preprod where the Hyperloop at the time of writing is 1.2.6
- Build an already created project with Hyperloop already enabled
- Delete Hyperloop from your machine
- Rebuild the project
Latest version of Hyperloop will not be downloaded in step 4
The project will keep erroring with the below as it can't find the Hyperloop module
Latest version of Hyperloop should be downloaded on a build