As a developer,
I created a plugin project on Eclipse indigo 3.7 with the standard tamplate “Plugin with a view” by the wizard.
I export the plugin project to jar file by the standard export wizard.
Then I want test it on Aptana studio 3 ( Windows platform) so I put it in dropins folder. After lunched Aptana studio 3 I expected to find the view of the plugin on Windows
> Show view -> Other> Simple category but I can’t find Simple category.
I performed the same test with the jar file in plugins folder, with the same wrong result.
With the following configuration I can find plugin’s view:
- Eclipse Indigo 3.7 ( on Windows platform)
- Eclipse Indigo 3.7 with aptana plugin (on Windows platform)
- Eclipse indigo 3.7 (on Ubuntu 12.04)
- Eclipse Indigo 3.7 with aptana plugin (on Ubuntu 12.04)
- Aptana studio 3 ( on Ubuntu 12.04)
Only with Aptana studio 3 (on Windows) I can’t find the plugin.