Affects Version/s: Aptana Studio 3.0.7
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Project Explorer
Aptana Studio 3, build: 22.214.171.124112281312
Virtual Machine with Windows XP
If you delete a folder outside Studio, do not refresh the Local FileSystem node then select the deleted folder and invoke Promote to Project, Studio will truncate the path so the parent of the deleted folder is selected for deletion.
Steps to Replicate :
1) Create a folder and subfolder on the filesystem for this case
2) Open Aptana Studio
3) Navigate to the Step 1 subfolder via the Local FileSystem node
4) Delete the subfolder from the operating system
5) Select the subfolder from the Local FileSystem node
6) Open the subfolder's context menu and select Promote to Project
Actual Results :
Studio will chain up one folder in the path and select the parent folder for Promotion. If you delete more than one level of tree depth and select the previously deepest folder for Promotion, Studio will again chain up one level in the path, however in this case the folder one level up in the tree is deleted and Studio will return an error message stating the selected folder does not exist.
Expected Results :
Invoking Promote to Project on a deleted folder should return an error.