The FTP utility nodes at Remote View and Project Connections possess slightly different behavior.
Steps to Replicate :
1) Open Aptana Studio
2) Open the Remote View and select a valid FTP connection
3) Open the Connection Node Context Menu
4) Note the availability of both the New From Template option and the New > File option
5) Select a project with an associated FTP , expand the project node, expand the Connections node and open the FTP Node Context Menu
6) Note only the New > File option is available, not the New From Template option. To open the New From Template option, the end user must descend one level below the FTP Node into the FTP folder structure.
Actual Results :
The New From Template option is only available via the Remote View FTP node; from a Project Connections FTP Node the end user must select a folder or the workspace within the FTP node to access the New From Template option (please see capture at http://screencast.com/t/Lagaq2pQPa).
Expected Results :
The Remote View and the Project Connections Node should exhibit the same behavior.