Affects Version/s: alloy 1.8.0, alloy 1.8.5
Fix Version/s: None
Take the following scenario:
- I have an Alloy app that targets iOS and Android but only has a /platform/android, no /platform/ios.
- I upgraden from Alloy 1.7.35 to 1.8.0, which includes
- I continue to work on the iOS version of my app and get a warning to add /platform to my .gitignore file. Weird, because
why would I stop versioning that if it contains important stuff for Android?
- After a while I switch to work on the Android version and it says:
This is confusing because didn't I work on my iOS app successfully using Alloy 1.8.0 without having moved the folder?
Also, when I'd now move /i18n to /app/i18n as it suggests it would now also include an ios folder which contains a alloy_generated file.
I think it would be better to do the check (and have the alloy_generated file in the root of /platform and not in the platform folders. It would then:
- Already have failed to build when I started working on IOS after the upgrade.
- The warning would not be confusing since it would only show on the second build after dealing with...
- The error would not be confusing since it is about the root folder and not the platform one.
- The /platform/ios would not have been generated, easing the relocation.