Affects Version/s: None
Component/s: Titanium SDK & CLI
SDK: Tested on 5.3.0 and 5.2.2 (probably happening on other versions).
I have a Titanium app that's handling an incoming Universal Link by capturing the iOS `continueactivity` event. This is the code I have:
This code works perfectly while the app is being debugged but the event is not fired on the distribution build. I have reproduced this behaviour with the Ti Example App.
How to Reproduce:
- Clone the Ti Example App
- On `alloy.js`, add the iOS `continueactivity` event handler as shown above.
- Add the `associated-domains` entitlement (this must also be configured with the app id on the Apple Dev Center). In order to configure this with Ti you must add a file called `Entitlements.plist` like:
- Add a file called `apple-app-site-association` to the root of your HTTPS domain (eg: https://example.com). The file is a JSON object as described in the [Apple documentation](https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/General/Conceptual/AppSearch/UniversalLinks.html):
Once your app and your domain are configured:
- Run your app in debug mode. The `continueactivity` will be fired and your code executed.
- Build a distribution app, run it. The `continueactivity` will NOT be fired and your code will NOT be executed.