When building the app for simulator, Titanium uses the correct file from the platform specific folder (iphone). When running on device, platform specific file is not loaded, but instead file used from the resources folder.
Way to duplicate:
1. Create new titanium mobile project (single page)
2. Run the app on simulator and device - Works fine.
3. Copy the file from resources/ui/common/FirstView.js to resources/iphone/ui/common/FirstView.js
4. modify label to include additional info, indicating located in iPhone folder.
5. Clean project.
6. Run on simulator. Correct file used.
7. Run on device. File from resources/ui/common/FirstView.js is used, instead of platform specific.
8. If the file from resources/ui/common is removed, build to device uses correct file (platform specific), but then generates Slider related error (second bug).